Effectively attracting, selecting and hiring people from underrepresented and marginalised groups is something that many employers aspire to. Unfortunately, only very few have the right strategies and resources in place to be set up for success. Having the right partners to work with is critical if companies are to truly understand the needs of the communities they want to work with.
My guest this week is Roy Baladi, Founder of Jobs for Humanity. Jobs for Humanity works to connect historically underrepresented talent to welcoming employers via training and technology, and Roy has some extremely valuable insights to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What is Jobs For Humanity?
- Advantages of hiring diverse talent
- Diversifying the TA funnel
- Designing a fair hiring process
- Challenging personal bias
- Onboarding, inclusivity and safe spaces
- Making simple accommodations
- Why DE&I is still at the early adopter stage with employers
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.