Ep 460: Equity & Inclusion
Many employers are focusing hard on diversifying their talent pools at the moment. It has been encouraging to bring so many stories to the podcast about employers working to connect with historically marginalized groups and embracing more open approaches to hiring. However, diverse hiring is pointless without addressing equity and inclusion at a systemic level within organizations.
My guests this week are Dr Tina Opie and Dr Beth Livingston, authors of the soon to be published book "Shared Sisterhood". Share Sisterhood embodies a practical methodology that gives employees a starting point with diversity, equity, and inclusion. It inspires employees to explore their personal assumptions, build connections and take collective action.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Shared Sisterhood as a radically optimistic philosophy
- Power dominant and historically marginalized groups
- Addressing equity at a systemic level
- Building authentic connections with people who are different to you
- Where to start with DE&I
- Dig, Bridge and Collective Action
- The difference between equality and equity
- Metrics and accountability
- Ally versus Accomplise versus Co-Conspirator
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcast.
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!