October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month, and with so much focus on DE&I in the workplace, this significant proportion of the population needs to be included and not overlooked.
My guest this week is Dr Jennifer Luebke, Chief Workforce Inclusion Officer at PRIDE Industries. PRIDE Industries is a social enterprise creating sustainable career opportunities and training for people with disabilities, and Jennifer has some hugely valuable insights to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The story of PRIDE Industries
- Projecting a welcoming attitude as an employer
- Accommodations and adjustments
- Misconceptions about hiring people with disabilities
- How does disability inclusion fit into DE&I?
- The Advantages of employing people with disabilities
- Neurodiversity in the workforce
- How to tap into new communities of talent
- Making it safe to disclose non-apparent disabilities
A full transcription will appear here shortly.
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.