As the move towards skills-based hiring intensifies, the role of assessment tools is becoming increasingly important. As employers focus on being more inclusive, it is critical to understand how the science behind assessment tools works to support this.
My guest this week is Kristin Allen, Senior Manager of Psychometrics at SHL. SHL has an applied research initiative, SHL Labs, driving talent technology innovation. One of the key research pillars is Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and SHL has recently published the first results from its neurodiversity research program.
In the interview, we discuss the following:
- The role assessment plays in helping employers build diverse workforces.
- Fully inclusive talent solutions
- Using assessment to reduce bias
- Job analysis and validation
- Using language that encourages candidates to ask for accommodations
- What does the future look like?
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.