Ep 481: Workstyle
The last three years have seen unprecedented disruption to the world of work. The rise of remote and hybrid working indicates a workplace revolution, but how much have things actually changed?
Presentism is still a big issue, with some employers using economically tough times as an excuse to get people back to the office. Meanwhile, many hybrid and remote employees struggle with legacy working methods not designed for the world we are now living in
My guests this week are Lizzie Penny and Alex Hirst, co-founders of Hoxby and authors of the best selling book Workstyle. Lizzie and Alex are campaigners for a more modern autonomous working style. They are using their own experiences of running a remote first business to start a movement to make work better for everyone.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What is wrong with work
- Ageing populations, independence and technology
- Breaking free from a 200 year old operating system
- Autonomy, productivity and accountability
- Digital first, not physical first.
- Trust over presentism
- The vital importance of asynchronous working
- How the Workstyle revolution works at Hoxby
- Inclusive for structurally excluded workers
- How to make a seismic change
- Meeting in person to build deeper connections.
- Remote leadership
- Old rules, new challenges
- The relationship between autonomy, well-being, and productivity
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!