Storytelling is one of the things that makes humans human. In recruitment marketing and employer branding, stories persuade, create empathy and drive the emotional connections that make people take action.
With the rise of automation and generative AI, human-based storytelling will likely be a critical differentiator between employers. So do we understand how to tell compelling stories, and are our strategies around storytelling sophisticated enough to deal with a future of more disruptive change?
My guest this week is Lauryn Sargent, Co-Founder of Stories Incorporated and an expert in storytelling for recruitment marketing and employer branding. I caught up with Lauryn at the recent UNLEASH America conference to hear her thoughts on the future of storytelling and listen to the great advice she had to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Does TA understand storytelling on a strategic level?
- What are the elements of a great story?
- Structuring the perfect story interview
- Making content work in different channels and formats
- The impact of generative AI
- The future of recruitment marketing
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts.