Ep 523: Overcoming Remote Challenges
Elon Musk, David Soloman, and Sam Altman are three CEOs who have recently publicly spoken out against remote and hybrid work. Problems with communication, productivity, skills transfer, and culture are some of the most common issues cited but does dragging people back to the office really make these things better? The advantages of hybrid and remote work are considerable, and there are undoubtedly other ways of addressing their challenges than ordering a mandatory return to the office.
My guest this week is Jen Fong, VP of People at Customer.io. Customer.io is a fully remote business with employees in 30 countries, and Jen offers some great insights on embracing the advantages of remote while dealing with its challenges.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Current talent market challenges
- Why remote work is so vital to Customer io
- Innovation and global talent pools
- Autonomy and trust
- Dealing with the challenges of remote work
- How do you build community and connection?
- The importance of tools
- Being intentional about meeting in person
- Creating opportunities for people to connect socially
- Building a people-first culture that aligns with company goals
- Ensuring you have the right skills for the future with strategic workforce planning
- Attracting diverse skillsets
- The impact of AI on skills development and recruiting
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!