Many employers have been publically committing to making DE&I their most important focus for several years now. However, as the economy becomes more challenging and some companies roll back from flexible working, is the needle still moving on diversity, and is it still the business priority that we were promised it would be?
My guest this week is Michael Barrington-Hibbert, CEO of Barrington-Hibbert Associates and Co-Founder of 10,000 black interns. Michael is an active influencer in driving better diversity and inclusion within the finance sector and instilling a belief in the importance of social mobility. He has essential advice on how employers can keep diversity front and centre by closely aligning DE&I strategies to critical business goals.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Wage inflation and overhiring.
- How the pandemic diversified the workforce
- The relationship between flexibility and diversity
- Advice to employers on how not the lose the progress they have made as the market changes
- Diversity of thought and creativity
- Reducing bias in recruiting
- The importance of brave organizations
- Aligning DE&I with business strategies
- What will the future look like?
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts