Regular listeners will know just how essential I believe it is for talent acquisition to learn the art and science of storytelling. Being able to craft stories that resonate isn't just part of effective recruitment marketing; it is vital to building internal stakeholder engagement and developing more influence to move TA up the corporate strategic value chain.
So why is effective storytelling so powerful, and how can we all build our skills in this area?
My guest this week is Karen Eber, CEO of the Eber Leadership Group and author of a new book called The Perfect Story: How to Tell Stories That Inform, Influence and Inspire. The book deals with the science and structure of good storytelling in business and is full of advice that can help everyone tell more powerful and engaging stories.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What happens to your brain when you listen to stories?
- Being memorable and engaging
- Why business storytelling is so important
- Understanding your audience
- Conflict as fuel to drive the narrative
- Telling stories with data
- Context, Conflict, Outcome and Takeaway
- How do you know if your story is resonating?
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts.