The overhiring in the technology sector at the end of the pandemic, the resulting layoffs, and the knock-on effects on talent acquisition have been well-documented this year. However, big tech isn't the only area where this has happened. Other talent markets have also been through a similar journey.
So how can employers hire more sustainably, and what new talent strategies are companies adopting to build more flexibility?
My guest this week is Carina Clingman, Founder and CEO of Recruitomics, a talent consultancy working with start-ups and scale-ups in the Biotech industry. The Biotech industry has had a big issue with overhiring in the last few years. Carina has some insights on sustainable hiring models, which are also relevant in many other sectors.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The changing talent marketing in Biotech
- Challenging for scaling companies
- Aligning talent strategies with business goals
- Understanding candidate motivations
- Balancing growth with sustainable hiring
- The dangers of overhiring
- What can larger employers learn from start-ups and scale-ups
- What is the future for recruiters?
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.