AI is a game changer for talent acquisition, and as we start to move from the hype phase to the doing phase, its potential capabilities and current limitations are becoming more apparent.
So what can and can't AI do for talent acquisition right now, and how will things develop in the future?
My guest this week is Mona Khalil, Senior Manager Data Science at Greenhouse. As well as building AI into their products, Greenhouse has done extensive research with both TA leaders and job seekers to understand the potential positive and negative impacts of generative AI on recruiting.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Current talent market challenges
- Employer uptake of generative AI
- Reducing bias versus codifying bias
- Levels of nuance in decision-making
- Parsing and normalizing candidate data
- Are employers monitoring AI effectively?
- Asking vendors the right questions about their AI integrations
- How do candidates feel about AI?
- What does the future look like
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.