Ep 61: The Modern ATS
I realized recently that in the previous 60 episodes of this podcast we’ve had hardly any discussion about Applicant Tracking Systems. I’m very keen to rectify this. ATS systems are crucial to so many employers as a key part of the recruiting process. Many people feel that they have not kept pace with the changing nature of recruiting and the expectations of their users. This is certainly true of some systems but there have been some recent innovations in the ATS space that I wanted to get some opinion on.
My guest this week is Jess Hayes, Talent Manager and HR Lead for Lost My Name. Jess has worked with a number of different types of ATS during her career and I wanted to get her views on the changes in the space.
In the interview we discuss:
• How the purpose of an ATS has developed over the last few years
• Expectations of the ATS and why software should adapt as user requirements develop
• The responsibility of the recruiter
• Limiting the administrative burden so recruiters can spend more face time with candidates
• Why integrations are so important
• The potential of nurturing workflows
• Advice for anyone changing ATS or purchasing one for the first time
Jess also tells us which of the new breed of ATS is her favourite and gives her thoughts on the features and functionality that will be needed in the future.
Subscribe to this podcast in iTunes
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!