I've been producing this podcast for five years, and I have to say that my guest in this episode is one of the most insightful people I've ever had on the show.
Digital disruption is affecting everyone in ways we couldn't have even of imagined a few years ago. The companies who are thriving are the organisations that are taking bold strategic decisions and thinking several steps ahead of their competition.
My guest this week is Balaji Ganapathy. Balaji is Global Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and Head of Workforce Effectiveness at Tata Consultancy Services, a company with 450,000 employees. TCS has responded to our changing digital world by radically upskilling a vast percentage of their workforce and completely reinventing the way they do talent acquisition to make it more inclusive. They are also proactively nurturing communities of future talent as well as supporting education systems all over the world. All of this has been built on their understanding of the vital importance of purpose.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The skills modern business need to survive and thrive
• How TCS reskilled their existing teams by creating the right culture, tools and systems
• Why technology is legacy, but people aren't and why AI still needs human intelligence
• Why every organisation needs to be a purpose-driven organisation
• Content, Context and Connection
• Changing the talent acquisition model to be more open and inclusive
• Working with education systems to give students relevant skills
• The importance of building bridges between technology and people