I'm on holiday at the moment, but I want to make sure that you have plenty of Recruiting Future content to listen to until I'm back. So for the next couple of weeks, I'm going to republish some of my favourite episodes with conversations that you may have missed the first time round.
This week's replay is my conversation from earlier in the year with Maggie Spong, VP of Talent Acquisition at AstraZeneca. It is one of the best examples I've had on the show for a while of a company developing holistic, long-term strategic solutions to deal with ongoing skill shortages. It is well worth a listen, even if you have heard it the first time around.
In the interview, we discuss:
- How Talent Acquisition is evolving at Astra Zeneca
- Using Talent Scouts to build external talent pipelines for hard to fill roles and where there are gaps in internal succession planning
- Building a personalised and inclusive candidate experience.
- Giving feedback to all interviewed candidates
- The challenges of the pandemic
- Encouraging candidate self-selection by showcasing the authentic employee experience
- Turning The Great Resignation into The Great Opportunity
- Investing in development and the Talent Acquisition Academy
- Astra Zeneca's focus for 2022
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.