New drivers aren't great drivers. But they might think they are. Anne Marie Hayes, author of 3 Keys to Keeping Your Teen Alive, points out the not-so-obvious challenges of raising a responsible driver.
In this episode, we discuss...
- The idea of a teen driving contract
- How car-related expenses should be covered
- Just how hands-on we should be as parents in the learning process
- How much kids needs to know about car maintenance
- The trend of kids not wanting to get their license
- And much more!
MORE ABOUT ANNE MARIE HAYES:
Anne Marie Hayes is a certified driving instructor and the author of “3 Keys to Keeping Your Teen Alive: Lessons for Surviving the First Year of Driving.” She has a BA from York University and is an Executive Member of the Board of Directors of National Organizations for Youth Safety (NOYS) in Washington, DC. Anne Marie is a member of 6 international road safety organizations as well as CARSP (Canadian Association for Road Safety Professionals), IRSMC (MTO’s Interagency Road Safety Marketing Committee, CGRSC (Canadian Global Road Safety Committee), Parachute Vision Zero Network and the Ontario Road Safety Forum.