You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up.
Backtrack: Payphones, Pagers, & Passing Notes
It’s hard to image that there was a time where you couldn’t get in contact with just about anybody, anywhere, anytime. In this week’s episode, we look at how our lives were different growing up as GenX’ers and how the way we communicated affected our lives. How did we survive? We did — pretty well actually.
- Life before mobile phones » https://groovyhistory.com/life-before-cell-phones
- From smoke signals to mobile phones » https://bit.ly/2NI6IZQ
- How to pass notes in school » https://www.wikihow.com/Pass-Notes-in-Class
- History of the rotary phones » https://www.techwalla.com/articles/history-of-the-rotary-phone
- What killed the pay phone? » https://bit.ly/2k3ArPW
- Superman and the wrong a pay phone »
- History of pagers » https://www.thoughtco.com/history-of-pagers-and-beepers-1992315
- History of the mobile phone » https://bebusinessed.com/history/history-cell-phones/
- Mobile phone dependency » https://www.health.com/anxiety/cell-phone-addiction
- Email the show » email@example.com
- Visit us on YouTube » http://GenXGrownUp.com/yt