Ep 278: Early Careers Disrupted
In the last few months, college recruiting and internship programs have been refocused, scaled back, and in many cases canceled. Internships have become digital internships, and on-campus, hiring has gone virtual. So what are the long term implications for early careers and how are companies reimagining their future talent strategies?
My guest this week is Dawn Carter, Director of Global University Recruiting at Uber. In our conversation, Dawn talks about the effect of the pandemic on Uber's internship programs and campus recruiting activity and also share her thoughts on what the future of early career recruiting might look like.
In the interview, we discuss:
• Uber's approach to university recruiting and how it is changing
• Moving to digital internships
• Changing student attitudes to university study
• Market realities
• Reimagining on-campus events
• Differentiating employer brand
• Can high tech also be high touch?
• Moving from talent acquisition to talent marketplaces and long term talent engagement.