Ep 284: Employability
Since the start of the pandemic unemployment is rising all over the world at an unprecedented rate. Even if the labour market does bounce back quickly, things are likely to look very different with many industries currently going through an accelerated digital transformation.
So what can be done to address the increasingly urgent issue of employability, how should employers be thinking about talent and are there any lessons that we can learn from the previous economic crisis?
In the interview, we discuss: :
• How the current crisis is different for jobs than previous recessions
• The impact of AI and automation on labour markets
• The disproportionate effect on young people
• Tools and techniques to get people back to work
• Skills for the new economy
• Digitising advocacy and guidance and the importance of human interventions
• How employers need to change their thinking to access valuable pools of talent
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!