2020 has seen more focus than ever before on diversity, equity and inclusion. Despite this though many employers are still struggling to make tangible progress in these areas. So why are diversity strategies failing and how should companies be changing their thinking.
To help answer this question based on her considerable experience and expertise in organisational diversity, my guest this week is Michelle Silverthorn, CEO of Inclusion Nation and author of the book "Authentic Diversity".
In the interview, we discuss:
• Michelle's backstory and the reasons she wrote her book
• Why the old rules of diversity don't work
• The problems with "just making the business case."
• Talking about race
• Being comprehensive with diversity data
• The importance of prioritising, establishing goals and taking bold actions
• Vital accountability
• Inclusivity and allowing differences to shine
• Michelle's very powerful personal story about empathy and community
Subscribe to this podcast in Apple Podcasts