Ep 314: Recruiting Unbound
The changing relationship between talent acquisition and talent management is something we've been talking about a lot in 2020. With accelerated digital transformation causing a skill crisis for many employers, the role of learning across the talent acquisition journey is increasingly important. Upskilling recruiters and hiring managers is an obvious part of this, but what about the potential for employers to use digital learning systems to upskill talent pools of potential hires.
To explore this in more detail, my guest this week is Peter Gold, Manager of Recruiting Solutions EMEA for Cornerstone On Demand. Cornerstone is doing some pioneering work in this area, and with over 30 years of experience in recruiting, Peter has a lot of insights to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
▪ Recruiting resilience
▪ The changing relationship between skills and talent acquisition
▪ Skills matching and gap analysis via machine learning
▪ Upskilling talent pools
▪ Moving to a buy and build model of talent acquisition
▪ Providing learning content on a limited budget
▪ Hiring Heroes
▪ Predictions for the future of talent acquisition