The impact of the pandemic means that in 18 months, we've moved from discussing theories around the future of work to debating the practicalities. Fully remote, fully back in the office, hybrid working, the discussion and the publicity around the decisions companies make will dominate the HR news cycle for months if not years to come.
One of the key advantages of remote working is the ability to broaden talent pools across borders. However, this does come with complications. To discuss the challenges and advantages, my guests this week are Shane Nolan, Head of Technology & Emerging Business at IDA Ireland and Louise Kelly, a tax partner with Deloitte in Ireland.
In the interview, we discuss:
▪ The work of IDA Ireland
▪ Productivity improvements from remote work
▪ Enhancing skills and retraining
▪ Tax implications of employers working remotely across borders
▪ When is remote too remote?
▪ From theory to practicalities
▪ Regulatory and compliance issues
▪ What will the next 12 - 18 months look like
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts.