Ep 385: Aligning Talent Acquisition & Talent Management
As external talent markets get ever more challenging, internal mobility is becoming a more significant issue. Unsurprisingly then, one of the major themes of the past year has been the ever closer relationship between talent acquisition and talent management.
So how are the most innovative companies holistically looking at talent acquisition and talent management, and how is technology helping them.
My guest this week is Lisa Niesen, Head of Talent Management Solutions at SHL. Lisa has been doing a lot of work at the intersection of talent acquisition and talent management and has some valuable insights to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What effect are challenging external talent markets having on talent management?
- The growing importance of retention and mobility
- Career paths and development opportunities to keep people engaged
- Rethinking traditional career structures
- The role of assessment and technology
- Gathering insights on skills
- Being better with data
- Advice on bringing talent acquisition and talent management together within the organisation
- What does the future look like?