This episode of the Information Security Podcast features a conversation with Mike Radigan @RadiganatBOS from Capgemini @Capgemini and host Rob Nettgen (@Robert_Nettgen). This episode discusses the process of “Demystifying Industrial Control System Cyber Risk”.
Key Discussion Points and Actionable Items:
- Defining the various types of Industrial Control Systems and how they support a Plant’s Operation
- The inter-relationship of Industrial Control Systems, Information Technology, and Cyber Security
- How Industrial Control Systems have evolved over time and why integrations exist with the balance of an organization’s Information Technology infrastructure
- The role of a Plant Manager and how they assess risk in a Plant’s Operation comparing Cyber Risk and Manufacturing Operations
- The difference between Cyber Risks and Cyber Threats
- Methods to equate, quantify, and explain Operational Risk to Cyber Risk
- Importance of understanding Cyber Risk at the Board level and making educated business decisions
- The impact of regulations and compliance in assessing and managing Cyber Risk.
ASMGi (@ASMGi_CLE) and https://www.asmgi.com/
Briteskies (@NoBrownCow) and https://www.briteskies.com/
Recorded and Production By:
Evergreen Podcasts (@StreamEvergreen) at https://evergreenpodcasts.com/ and production assistance provided by Frank Yako (@fyako).
Additional Information and Resources:
For additional information on the Information Security Summit, please visit us on the web at https://www.informationsecuritysummit.org/ or on Twitter (@InfoSecurSummit). Planning is underway for the Summit 2020 scheduled for October 26 through October 30, 2020, please join us!