This episode of the Information Security Podcast features a keynote from the Information Security Summit 2019 by Bob Kalka @bobkalka from IBM @IBM entitled “Top Cyber Security Issues when Migrating to the Cloud”. The presentation examines the many factors that impact an organization as it prepares, migrates, and operates in “the Cloud”.
Key Discussion Points and Actionable Items:
- Recognition that any IT, Security, or Application issues that exist prior to a Cloud migration are going to be further extenuated once migrated to the Cloud
- The concept of security “For, From, and In” the Cloud
- Understanding the difference between a Risk vs. Compliance posture by a Security Team
- Importance of avoiding the pitfalls of “under-deployed” software investments
- Being aware of the assumptions organizations make regarding the “shared responsibility model” between a customer and a cloud service provider and the potential pitfalls that could impact an organization
- Review the proper controls for a cloud migration including the identification of all critical data and properly protecting it before a cloud migration
- Preparation for appropriate incident response tactics
ASMGi (@ASMGi_CLE) and https://www.asmgi.com/
Briteskies (@NoBrownCow) and https://www.briteskies.com/
Recorded and Production By:
Evergreen Podcasts (@StreamEvergreen) at https://evergreenpodcasts.com/ and production assistance provided by Frank Yako (@fyako).
Additional Information and Resources:
For additional information on the Information Security Summit, please visit us on the web at https://www.informationsecuritysummit.org/ or on Twitter (@InfoSecurSummit). Planning is underway for the Summit 2020 scheduled for October 26 through October 30, 2020, please join us!